12 January 2012

Favourite Films

If I'm ever asked what my favourite film is, I struggle to decide between 4. To me these 4 films are the best I've seen. These films are Shawshank Redemption, Pulp Fiction, Lost in Translation and Goodfellas. Each is very different but yet I think they are outstanding.
          Shawshank Redemption is told very well and was one of the first films ever to make me go wow. The acting is superb while during the 2 hours, you feel every emotion you can at a film. One scene stands out in particular but mention it would spoil the film for whoever is to read this. Like I read somewhere “It is the film that spawned a thousand Morgan Freeman voiceovers
Pulp fiction was the first ever film I had seen of Quentin Tarantino. So many things stand out about this film. The non-linear time frame, the acting, the quotes, how well the script is written and of course the pop culture references littered throughout. I was amazed how it could turn from being really funny to suddenly really dramatic.
Martin Scorsese is the greatest director in my opinion. He knows how to tell a story. Goodfellas chronicles Henry Hill’s life as a gangster. I love how the Henry Hill character does a voiceover with the opening line having me hooked from the word go. I find it good how Scorsese makes the film seem so stylish and actually makes being a gangster seem fun.
          If someone pushed and pushed me to find out my favourite film then Lost in Translation would come out. Just. There is so much I like about it. It is set in Tokyo, a city I want to visit and shows the joy of such a place. I can relate to the characters and urge them to get together as they are lost in a strange country. This film has made me a huge fan of Bill Murray who is outstanding

No comments:

Post a Comment